Monday, August 23, 2010

Eviction Notice

A very humbling day today. I woke up to the noise of a family being evicted literally outside my door..I was looking out my office window and I didn't think the people were around... I went to the mailbox to find that the Rental Manager was out there supervising it with a smirk on her face and it disgusted me cause she was looking at me while she was smiling like that. I continued to walk to the mailbox to give the mail lady these evenlopes to return to sender (previous peoples mail) only to notice that the woman that was being evicted was standing under the tree, her children in the truck and she's just watching this. I came in the house and my heart hurt. I couldn't even look at her because I didn't want her to feel ashamed.. It can happen to any one us... When something is taken from us, a car, a home, a job...our life... and prayed and wanted to know what should I do. What could i do...If i were her what would I want someone to do for me, or attempt to do...

So it came to me when i went to get my son from school. They had so much stuff... I thought maybe they needed to put it in storage until they could get themselves together. i went to the bank took out 100.00...and when i got back I saw she was driving off, I asked her if she needed help, if she needed money to put things in storage and she said she was ok, and she was moving in the house they were going to move into on Wednesday but the Rental office lady didn't wait til wednesday, she was looking to embarrass them or something, make a point... That made me mad...So I said ok, but if she needed it, I will hold it for her and her family...

So I went to take Jay to his grandmother for soccer practice, and as were leaving out, her husband approached me and was like, my wife told me what you was trying to do and he thanked me I asked him again if he was sure he didn't need it and he said no that they were ok but he appreciated it.

When i was in the house watching this happening to her and her kids were with her, I sat in here and cried and I was hurt for her and I just wanted to help because i would want someone to help me...We should all try to help each other, it could be us one day and what if you needed the help and there was no one there to help or no one took that step to do anything.

I pray that they will be ok...and that people learn to treat others as they want to be treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment